Rule 19-724. Answer.
(a) Timing. The attorney shall file with the designated clerk and serve on Bar Counsel an answer to the petition:
(1) if the petition and order were served pursuant to Rule 19-723 (a), within 15 days after service;
(2) if the petition and order were served pursuant to Rule 19-723 (b), within 15 days after a copy of the petition and order was mailed to the attorney by the employee of the Client Protection Fund; or
(3) by such other time specified by the Court of Appeals.
(b) Content and Scope.
(1) Generally. Defenses and objections to the petition, including insufficiency of service, shall be stated in the answer and not by preliminary motion.
(2) Limited Scope. It is not a defense or ground for objection to a petition that procedural defects may have occurred during disciplinary or remedial proceedings prior to the filing of the petition.
(c) Failure to Answer. If the time for filing an answer has expired and the attorney has failed to file an answer in accordance with section (a) of this Rule, the court shall treat the failure as a default, and the provisions of Rule 2-613 shall apply.