(a) Composition; appointment.
(1) The Board consists of 7 members.
(2) Each member shall be a lawyer.
(3) The Court of Appeals shall appoint the members of the Board.
(b) Qualifications. - Each member of the Board shall have been a lawyer for at least 5 years.
(c) Tenure; vacancies.
(1) The term of a member is 5 years and begins on January 1.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on October 1, 1989.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) The Court of Appeals may reappoint a member.
(d) Quorum. - A majority of the authorized membership of the Board is a quorum.